Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Rain, Rain Go Away

Here I am, in the Evergreen State. Living in Western Washington with the rain. I've been here since June and it has not really rained until now (November). Before moving here, I was advised and warned about the constant rain and gray skies, from people who had never visited the state before. A friend of mine said to me, "well it rains all the time and the grass isn't green"! How exactly does that sound? Plants need water to grow and if I am not mistaken, isn't grass a plant? With that being said, the grass is VERY GREEN. No offense to my friend if she decides to read this lol.

I experienced a beautiful June, July, August, September, and a half way decent October. It is November and I am waking up to rainy days and gray skies. The rain is different from rain on the east coast, the rain isn't cold and it typically isn't heavy. As weird as it may sound, I honestly don't mind the rain as of today. I am a home body (is that a word or a phrase?) lol. The rain is an excuse for me to snuggle up in doors with my sweetie and spend quality time.

Although,I must say, I do have one complaint. I HATE driving in it. My dislike with driving in the rain stems from two things, the first being an experience I had when I first learned how to drive and the second being Washington drivers. About a week after I got my license, I had to drive on the highway to pick my little sister up from a friend's house. It was early in the morning and it was pouring buckets of rain. My car skid from the left lane all the way to the right lane in a matter of 2 seconds. Being a new driver, it was one of the scariest things I'd ever experienced. I guess I have been traumatized ever since then. Don't get me wrong, I know how to drive in the rain, I just don't really like to. My second issue with driving in the rain, Washington drivers. Some of these people do not know how to drive. They do not know the definition of yield, merge, and brake. Many Washingtonians slam on their brakes for no apparent reason. They drive extra extra slow in rain that they should be accustomed to driving in by now (no offense to the Washington residents who actually know how to drive).

I guess, I'll have to suck it up, because the rain certainly isn't going anywhere, but at least I have MY "sunshine".

No comments:

Post a Comment